Media Work Stations
Workstations in the Post-Production Lab are available on the 1st Floor of the Milstein Teaching & Learning Center for digital video and audio production, web design, digital photography, and other media projects. Stations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students currently enrolled in film courses have priority.
NOTE: The LeFrak Center swing space in Barnard Hall also has 6 Macs open for editing until 12AM after our operating hours.
If you need assistance or training on specific software, please make an appointment with IMATS in advance: email@example.com, 212-854-2418
Guidelines for Using Media Work Stations
- Bring an external hard drive to save your work. Files saved on media workstations are removed periodically.
- If you forgot your external drive, you have some options:
- Check out a drive at the Equipment Room.
- Store footage and other project files in your Google Drive or a Dropbox account.
- If it the project is less than 2 gigabytes, you can email it to yourself using WeTransfer.com.
Please begin shutting down at least 30 minutes before the building closes.
IMATS does not offer digitization services, although the Archives can assist with media digitization. Media duplication must comply with copyright and intellectual property regulations. For more information, see the Columbia University Libraries' Copyright Advisory Office.