- Video production equipment is located in the Equipment Room on the 2nd floor of the Milstein Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Available for Barnard College & Columbia University-affiliated students, faculty, and staff to use for projects related to curriculum and college events.
- Restrictions: Certain advanced and specialized equipment is reserved only for students currently enrolled in a film/video production class at Barnard College.
Click the links below for an idea of what equipment you can rent from IMATS!
- Standard check out periods are 3 days including the day of check out.
- For example, if you check out equipment on Monday, it will be due back on Wednesday.
- IMATS is not open on weekends.
- Equipment picked up on Thursday or Friday is due on the following Monday.
- You may have one standing reservation or checkout at a time.
- Renewals are subject to equipment availability and demand. To request a renewal, please email us before the equipment is due.
- Head to our Request Forms page!
- NOTE: new IMATS patrons must fill out a Patron Registration form (one time only, so that we have your contact information and electronic signature on file) before filling out the Equipment Request form.
- Forms MUST be completed 24 hours in advance of the desired pick-up time to allow time for processing.
- You should budget at least 15 minutes for both the checkout and return process!
- NOTE: If you do not pick up your equipment on the scheduled pick-up date, your reservation will be canceled and the equipment will be recycled back into our system for other patrons to reserve and use.
- Fees will be assessed for late, lost, or broken equipment.
- Strict late fines are enforced and can go up to $50 dollars per piece of equipment per day. If the item is damaged or lost, the patron must reimburse the college its full replacement value/repair cost.
- Our policies reflect Barnard and Columbia library policies-- if you owe more than $100 in fines, your borrowing privileges are revoked and you may not check out equipment until the fines are paid.