- Head to our Request Forms page and fill out the Equipment Request Form at least 24 hours before pick up
- Come to the Equipment Room (2nd floor of the Milstein Center) 15 minutes before your checkout time
- Get your equipment!
Click the links below for an idea of what equipment you can rent from IMATS!
- The Equipment Room is located on the 2nd floor of the Milstein Center for Teaching and Learning
- Available for: Barnard College & Columbia University-affiliated students, faculty, and staff for projects related to curriculum/college events
- Some advanced equipment is specially reserved for Barnard academic courses.
- Patrons can only check 1 camera per reservation.
- Patrons can only check out 1 light kit per reservation.
- For all other equipment, patrons can only check out a maximum of 2 of any one item.
- Standard check out periods are 3 days including the day of check out
- For example, if you check out equipment on Monday, it will be due back on Wednesday
- Equipment picked up on Thursday or Friday is due on the following Monday
- You may have one standing reservation or checkout at a time
- Renewals are subject to equipment availability and demand
- To request a renewal, please email us before the equipment is due
- Head to our Request Forms page!
- New IMATS patrons must fill out a Patron Registration form before filling out the Equipment Request form
- Forms MUST be completed 24 hours in advance of the desired pick-up time
- You should budget at least 15 minutes for both the checkout and return process
- NOTE: If you do not pick up your equipment on the scheduled pick-up date, your reservation will be canceled and the equipment will be recycled back into our system for other patrons to reserve and use
- As of Spring 2019, IMATS will be enforcing a new late policy.
- For every day equipment is late, a patron will be restricted from checkouts for one week. (i.e. equipment that is 2 days overdue will result in being restricted from checkouts for 2 weeks.)
- If overdue equipment exceeds seven days, patrons will be banned from checkouts for the remainder of the semester.
- Strict late fines will also be enforced and can go up to $50 dollars per piece of equipment per day in addition to being restricted from checking out equipment.
- If an item is damaged or lost, the patron must reimburse the college for its full replacement value/repair cost.