- Click the links below to find what equipment you want to rent from IMATS
- Head to our Request Forms page and fill out the Equipment Request Form at least 24 hours before pick up
- Come to the Equipment Room (2nd floor of the Milstein Center) 15 minutes before your checkout time
- Get your equipment!
Click the links below for an idea of what equipment you can rent from IMATS!
- The Equipment Room is located on the 2nd floor of the Milstein Center for Teaching and Learning
- Available for Barnard College & Columbia University-affiliated students, faculty, and staff for projects related to curriculum/college events
- Restrictions: Certain advanced and specialized equipment is reserved only for students currently enrolled in a film/video production class at Barnard College
- Standard check out periods are 3 days including the day of check out
- For example, if you check out equipment on Monday, it will be due back on Wednesday
- IMATS is not open on weekends
- Equipment picked up on Thursday or Friday is due on the following Monday
- You may have one standing reservation or checkout at a time
- Renewals are subject to equipment availability and demand
- To request a renewal, please email us before the equipment is due
- Head to our Request Forms page!
- NOTE: new IMATS patrons must fill out a Patron Registration form before filling out the Equipment Request form
- Forms MUST be completed 24 hours in advance of the desired pick-up time
- You should budget at least 15 minutes for both the checkout and return process
- NOTE: If you do not pick up your equipment on the scheduled pick-up date, your reservation will be canceled and the equipment will be recycled back into our system for other patrons to reserve and use
- Fees will be assessed for late, lost, or broken equipment
- Strict late fines are enforced and can go up to $50 dollars per piece of equipment per day. If the item is damaged or lost, the patron must reimburse the college its full replacement value/repair cost
- Our policies reflect Barnard and Columbia library policies-- if you owe more than $100 in fines, your borrowing privileges are revoked and you may not check out equipment until the fines are paid