- IMATS lends a wide variety of video production equipment from the equipment room located on the 2nd floor of Sulzberger Annex.
- Equipment is available for Columbia University affiliated students, faculty, and staff to use for projects related to curriculum and college events.
- Some IMATS services include restrictions: certain equipment is reserved only for students currently enrolled in a film/video production class at Barnard College, and only Barnard staff/faculty can request IMATS video recording or AV assistance.
- Check out the links below for an idea of what equipment you can rent from IMATS!
- Standard check out periods are 3 days including the day of check out. For example, if you check out equipment on Monday, it will be due back on Wednesday. IMATS is not open on weekends, so equipment picked up on Thursday or Friday is due on the following Monday.
- You may have one standing reservation or checkout at a time. To request a renewal please email us. Renewals are subject to equipment availability and demand.
- If you are ready to rent equipment from us, please head on over to our Request Forms page!
- Please note that new IMATS patrons must fill out a Patron Registration form once (so that we have your contact information and electronic signature on file) before filling out the Equipment Request form.
- Forms must be completed 24 hours in advance of the desired pick-up time to allow time for processing.
- You should budget at least 15 minutes for both the check out and return process!
- Please note that if you do not pick up your equipment on the agreed pick-up day, your reservation will be canceled and the equipment will be recycled back into our system so that other patrons can use the items.
- Fees will be assessed for late, lost, or broken equipment.
- Strict late fines are enforced and can go up to $50 dollars per piece of equipment per day. If the item is damaged or lost the patron must reimburse the college its full replacement value/repair cost.
- Our policies reflect Barnard and Columbia library policies- if you owe more than $100 in fines your borrowing privileges are revoked and you may not check out equipment until the fines are paid.