IMATS provides video recording services for course lectures and events held on Barnard's campus. Please note this service is for Barnard-affiliated faculty and staff ONLY. IMATS does not provide video recording services for student groups or individual students.
For most course lectures, we recommend that faculty utilize audio recordings. Faculty members can fill out the Equipment Request Form to reserve and pick up audio equipment. IMATS staff can provide training and upload the file to CourseWorks later on.
If you'd still like to have a lecture video recorded, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Class lectures cannot exceed 3 hours.
- Due to a high volume of requests during religious holidays, we ask that faculty members book ahead of time.
- To schedule weekly recordings for a course, please directly contact our Associate Director Rachel James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events & Performances
Events booked with Events Managements through EMS must also have separate video requests placed through the Video Request Form. If you'd like to have an event recorded, make sure that it fits these requirements:
- Events cannot exceed 3 hours.
- All video shoots will be recorded with 1 stationary camera. We will not be able to accommodate 2-camera shoots or handheld camera operations.
- A digital file of the event will made available for download via Google Drive for 1 month after the event.
Please note: We no longer provide livestreaming services.
If you have any questions regarding video recording requests, please contact the Associate Director Rachel James at email@example.com.