Video Recording Service
Submit Your IMATS Videography Request Form
Please submit your IMATS Videography & Photography Request form at least 2 weeks before your event date.
What is the IMATS Video Recording Service?
An IMATS videographer will record your event with an advanced, high-definition camera and will deliver a polished video with Barnard-branded title and end cards.
The Video Recording Service would be ideal for instances such as:
- Capturing a full rendition of the event to post online for later viewing
- Capturing footage to preserve for the archive
Pros and Cons of Video Recording
Video Recording Workflow - Day of Event
- An IMATS videographer arrives 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to event start time. The videographer will set up the camera on a tripod and connect to the audio feed provided by AV Services.
- The designated on-site event host arrives 30 minutes prior to event start time.
- The host will review the run of show with the IMATS videographer and AV technician.
- The host will look over camera framing of the stage or podium, where the presenter(s) will be speaking. Slight adjustments can be made to the setting to enhance the camera frame.
- The host will run a sound check with the videographer and AV technician. Ideally, the presenter(s) would arrive early, and we would run the sound test with them directly. However, this isn’t always possible, so we may run it with the event host instead.
- The event starts and the IMATS videographer records the event.
- After the event, the IMATS videographer will spend up to 1-2 weeks editing the video deliverable. If requesting an edited video, this will be emailed to the designated contact person as a downloadable WeTransfer file that can be forwarded to whomever you choose.
What do we need from you?
The following information is critical to our internal workflow for your videography request.
- Submitted via Google Form
- Name of on-site event host and their email
- Name of contact person receiving the final deliverable and their email
- Submitted via confirmation email thread, making sure to cc firstname.lastname@example.org on all communications.
- Run of show details (include all updates)
- Any significant notes about the event
- E.g. The presenter is a renowned external guest, there’s audience participation that needs to be captured, the presenter will be moving across stage often, the presenter needs accessible accommodations, slideshows need to be integrated into the edit, etc.
- From the on-site event host, day of the event
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before the event start time to run sound checks
- Designated person available for switching slides if there’s a presentation
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I submit my run of show details?
Ideally we would like to know your run of show details as soon as possible. Please reply to your confirmation email thread with all your updates, making sure to CC email@example.com on all communications.
- What happens if any details I submitted to the form change between now and the event date?
Please reply to your confirmation email thread with all your updates, making sure to CC firstname.lastname@example.org on all communications.
- What if I don’t need an edited video? Can I request the footage directly?
Yes, absolutely! Just be sure to specify that on our form, and we’ll send over the raw footage electronically.
- When will I receive my edited video?
Our deliverable turnaround time is 1-2 weeks from the date of the event recording.